Pages

2 Month Update

I cannot believe my little Darcy Ray is 2 months old, cue tears. I love her at this age she lets me cuddle her all day, she smells so good and she is like my own little personal hot water bottle ideal for these chillier months.


Feeding
Darcy loves milk more than I think she loves Baby Daddy and I. She drinks 7 ounces every 4-5 hours; she has set herself a very good routine. Darcy’s first milk of the day is her night feed which happens between 3:30-4:30am the next is breakfast at 8am, then lunch at 12pm, dinner at 5pm, bedtime feed at 10:30pm then the cycle starts again. Darcy is very good at telling me if she has finished, if after 5oz she is full she will push the bottle out with her tongue then shuts her mouth like a stubborn baby and won’t let the bottle back in so I know she is done. If you want to know more about Darcy’s food journey read my previous blog post.


Sleeping
I am not going to brag but I think I have the best baby in the world, okay so I did brag! Darcy goes to bed after her bedtime feed at 10:30pm and sleeps until her night feed between 3:30-4:30am goes back to sleep until 6-7am I told you I had the best baby. Before Darcy graced us with her presence every single person told me to be prepared with how tired we were going to feel but in reality Baby Daddy and I are doing okay (touch wood) and this is all down to how Darcy sleeps at night. I’m not going to lie and say I don’t feel tired by mid-day as I am not used to going to bed at 11am and waking up at 6am but in time I am sure I will feel more awake. When Darcy was only days old she started sucking the back of her hand or her thumb we didn’t want her to get into this habit as it would be a lot harder to stop her from sucking her thumb than it would be to take away a dummy. We only give her the dummy when she is going to sleep as it really calms her down she soon spits it out once she is asleep, the challenge is to not give her the dummy when she is just being groggy.



Likes & Dislikes
Without a doubt Darcy’s favourite thing in her little world is bath time she splashes and smiles, it’s lovely to see. As much as bath time is her favourite thing getting out of the bath is her least favourite thing she screams the house down when we get her out for about 10 minutes. I love that she is a water baby just like Daddy and we cannot wait to take her swimming it is going to blow her tiny mind. Darcy has grown very fond of the Teletubbies she watches them in awe at 7 in the morning I think they may steal her first giggle from me. Other than getting out of the bath another thing that always makes Darcy groan is pausing feeding to burp she is one greedy baby who loves her milk.

 


Personality
For the few weeks of her life I told myself all those gas smiles were real smiles but lets face it they were not but then one day while we were singing there it was her first real smile! It made my heart explode, forget the seven wonders her little smile is my favourite thing to see in the whole wide world. Darcy has a funny little personality she loves being sung and talked to loves to stick her tongue out at you. Darcy gets daily facetimes with Nana, Pop and Auntie Abbi and does not take her eyes off of them the whole time they are talking to her. I love seeing how much she loves them and they love her.  



Achievements      
Already in her little life Darcy has achieved loads she can hold her head up not the whole time she has big cheeks they must get heavy. She has no problem with her eyes she loves watching the television, looking out the window and following you around the room. From day 1 Darcy has had the strongest grip, the other day she actually left nail marks in my hand whilst squeezing out a number 2. I cannot wait to see the big milestones that month three has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment