Pages

The 3rd Trimester


By the 3rd trimester I was the size of a beached whale and definitely felt like one. I could barely move, couldn’t sleep and just wanted Baby H to arrive.

Throughout the pregnancy Baby H was measuring on the 95th centile, which means that only 5 babies out of 100 would be measuring larger than her, which isn’t a lot. This also meant that she was a rather large baby, which explained the giant bump. Baby Daddy when born weighed a hefty 10lbs you can imagine how terrified I was at the thought of pushing a 10lb baby out of not so large hole. Every time we had a scan, which was 4 times (another post will explain) they kept mentioning how large the baby’s tummy was duh duh duhhhhh… I was terrified. On our last scan which was at 34 weeks they said Baby H was roughly 7lbs and on average a baby would gain 1/2lb a week, this meant if we had got to 40 weeks Baby H would be weighing roughly 10lbs (terrified face).   

  
29+5 weeks 

By the 3rd trimester I didn’t have any real cravings but I did enjoy a chocolate milk every now and then…I lied, a pint a day…I lied again sometimes even 2, promise that was it. I also no longer felt sick or nauseas, big thumbs up but the bottom of my back ached and my groin was swollen and it took me a couple of minutes to get up and down, big thumbs down.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I was fed up with being pregnant and I am not ashamed of saying that. I know that some people love being pregnant and have a glow blah blah blah, but the only glow I felt was that I no longer looked as crap as I did in the 1st trimester. I was so uncomfortable by the end I couldn’t sleep in my bed as I couldn’t get up out of it, Baby Daddy made me too hot and my bump didn’t allow me to get comfortable so I had to sleep on the sofa. Every day I hoped that Baby H would make her appearance because honestly I forgot what it felt like to not be pregnant and really wanted my body back. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who has felt that way and I do not think we should be ashamed to admit it.

The 3rd trimester was the hardest, I felt like I had no control of my body it was being controlled by a small-handed person on the inside and she was having a whale of a time with my bladder. The 2nd trimester was the best as I no longer had the nausea or morning sickness and had a lot more energy than I did in the 1st. The 1st trimester was the messiest as you can imagine.

I would love to hear about your pregnancy and the ups and downs you felt because one thing I have learnt through out this process is that everyone has a different process.  

Baby Mumma xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment